This report is a proven and trusted benchmark tool of the global truck industry and is a must have for those involved in competitor analysis and strategic planning in the global commercial vehicle industry and for anyone in need of to understand this important industrial sector. It is divided into three main sections:
An analysis of the structure and profitability of the global truck industry, examining the performance of the sector through its demand cycles. The current pressures shaping the industry are detailed and their implications discussed, including mergers, acquisitions and alliances, environmental legislation and the drive to establish leadership in emerging markets.
COVID-19 is the exceptional pressure on the global truck industry in 2020. Written as the novel coronavirus first forced truck manufacturers around the world to shut down, the report addresses the uncertainties facing the industry as a whole is faced and the resulting impact. COVID-19 could have on individual truck manufacturers.
For each of the major truck manufacturing groups, the report provides comprehensive profiles analyzing the major operational issues, including:
- Performance – Discusses recent results in detail, comparing them to historical results and plotting revenue and profit trends
- Company Structure – Evaluates the strategy, structure and planned development of the company
- Markets – Unit sales by market in recent years are presented and sales plans discussed
- Models – Current model lines and product development plans are discussed
- Production Strategy – Unit production data is provided with capacity expansion and consolidation plans
- Notes on the accounts – Identifies the pitfalls to avoid when interpreting the financial data of each company
The backbone of the report is the supporting database of financial statistics and performance ratios covering all the world’s major truck manufacturers and their key subsidiaries as of 1983. This comprehensive database provides a source of information unmatched, putting the current performance of the global truck industry into perspective.
For ease of comparison and understanding, financial statistics for each manufacturer are provided in both a common currency (euros) and the native currency. By applying each of the 30 performance ratios most commonly used by analysts, the report allows users to thoroughly assess the strengths and weaknesses of each group and across groups.
- Chapter 1: The Global Truck Industry
- Chapter 2: Ashok Leyland
- Chapter 3: Daimler Trucks
- Chapter 4: Hino Engines
- Chapter 5: Isuzu Engines
- Chapter 6: Iveco
- Chapter 7: MAN Truck and Bus
- Chapter 8: Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus
- Chapter 9: Navistar International Corp.
- Chapter 10: Paccar
- Chapter 11: Renault Trucks
- Chapter 12: Scania
- Chapter 13: Tata Motors
- Chapter 14: Traton
- Chapter 15: UD Trucks
- Chapter 16: Volvo Trucks and Buses
- Chapter 17: Other Truck Manufacturers
- Annex 1: Methodology & exchange rates
- Annex 2: European, American and Chinese market data
- Annex 3: Financial statistics & key ratios (€) (spreadsheet in Excel)
- Annex 4: Financial statistics & key ratios (native currency) (spreadsheet in Excel)
- Annex 5: Production of trucks by group & sector (spreadsheet in Excel)
- Annex 6: Exchange rate (spreadsheet in Excel)